Connecting with a Tutor
Stop by anytime, but we encourage you to meet with a writing tutor on a regular basis if you want to significantly improve your writing skills. Remember, tutors work a limited number of hours, so you need to make an appointment ahead of time.
- Plan ahead.
- Make an appointment in advance: Schedule Online through ASC Tutoring or stop by the Academic Support Center (ASC) on the 3rd floor of the Sadie Hartzler Library.
- Bring a copy of your assignment, a typed copy of your paper, a pen or pencil, and any additional materials you’re working with such as outside sources, etc.
- Come prepared to work—no matter what stage of the writing process you’re in. Allow 30-45 min. for your tutoring session.*
Tutors are trained to guide you in the writing process during the first tutoring session and ask important questions such as
- Have you met the assignment?
- Do you have a thesis/focus?
- Is the paper organized?
- Are the paragraphs adequately developed?
You may be impatient, thinking, I need editing help! Grammar and punctuation tutoring often requires a second appointment. Each tutoring session only lasts 30-45 minutes total.