Virginia Private College Week
July 27 – August 1, 2015
You wouldn’t buy a car without taking it for a spin first… the same goes for college.
Check out the dorms, labs and arts and athletic facilities. Learn more about cross-culturals, spiritual life, and campus clubs. Let your eyes, ears, and feet discover everything that waits for you in the heart of Virginia’s beautiful Shenandoah Valley!
Tour three, apply for free!
Tour three Virginia private colleges between July 27 – August 1, 2015 and you can apply for free to three!
Campus tours begin Monday – Friday at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m and Saturday at 9 a.m. Please plan on checking-in at the Admissions Office located on the first floor of the Campus Center. Each session includes info on admission application, financial aid, majors and minors, and the core curriculum.
Follow these steps to participate
- Visit at least three participating colleges and you will receive three application fee waivers. Visit www.cicv.org to see the complete list of participating private colleges.
- You may use the application fee waivers at any college participating in Virginia Private College Week—not necessarily the ones you visited.
- The application fee waivers will be emailed to eligible participants in late September/early October.
After the week is over?
Campuses may start to run together in your mind. You’ll ask yourself, which one had the cool fountain on the quad? What did the dorms look like? Where did I have the most fun?
Your favorites will stand out, though, and we think EMU will be one of them! So be in touch – we’re ready to answer your questions and help you apply for admission !
- Learn more about EMU: lodging and maps | about the area | about EMU
- Schedule another campus visit: come back during the school year and stay with a student. Attend some classes, go to a soccer game, eat in the cafeteria, just have fun!
- Admissions counselors are only a phone call, , or tweet away. Call 800-368-2665 with questions.
EMU is among the nearly 30 schools participating in the annual Virginia Private College Week, sponsored by the Virginia College Savings Plan. Students who visit three Virginia private colleges during the designated week will receive application fee waivers redeemable at any three of the 26 participating private colleges in the Council of Independent Colleges in Virginia, which promotes non-profit, independent colleges in Virginia and was instrumental in starting the state’s TAG program that offers Virginia residents up to over $3,000 in grant money – automatically! – for four years.