General Payment Information
Payment for fall semester tuition, room and board less processed financial aid is due August 19, 2014. Payment for spring semester tuition, room and board less processed financial aid is due January 2, 2015.
Tuition, room and board charges, less processed financial aid, are due one week before classes begin for each semester. Unpaid accounts may be subject to the following:
- EMU network access for student-owned computers will be denied
- Charging at Common Grounds and non-textbook charging at the Bookstore will be denied
- Grades, transcripts, enrollment, class attendance and diploma will be denied
- Monthly finance charge of 1.5% (18% annually)
- Credit bureau reporting
- Collection and/or attorney fees necessary for collection of unpaid debts
- A monthly payment plan with Tuition Management Systems is available for all students enrolled in a traditional academic year program. TMS is not for past-due accounts or summer programs. To make a payment on your existing TMS contract, log in at www.afford.com. To set up a monthly payment plan or make a one-time payment go to emu.afford.com.
- If a monthly payment plan alone does not cover your balance, we suggest, through TMS, a BorrowSmart monthly payment plan and loan combination strategy. Combining the monthly payments and the loan option of your choice will permit you to reduce debt while allowing affordable monthly payments. This is the best option for most students and families to limit debt. Go to emu.afford.com for education payment counseling via phone or the web.
- With TMS you may use major credit cards. There is a convenience fee for this service. You may also make direct payments from your checking account for no charge.
Payment Methods Accepted
- EMU’s preferred method of payment is through emu.afford.com. To use this method, go to emu.afford.com, scroll down to Make a Payment, and under Make a One-Time Payment choose that this payment applies toward EMU Student Accounts. You may make direct payments from your checking account for no charge and there is a 2.75% convenience fee (minimum $1.00 fee) for credit card payments.
- EMU accepts cash, personal checks, cashiers checks, credit cards, and money orders for payments on student accounts. There is a 3% convenience fee (minimum $1.00 fee) for paying with a credit card.
- EMU has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you can pay from any country and any bank. You are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school.