Welcome to EMU’s Career Services! We’re here to help you with your career path even after you leave our campus. Enjoy full use of these online resources or schedule an appointment if you’d like to meet in person.
- CareerBeam – start with the Quick Profile and continue for more in-depth assessments that will be used later in your career planning process.
- Career Counseling – schedule an appointment with Sarah Defnall, Resident in Counseling, if you’d like to talk about your personality, strengths, values, etc. and how they relate to your career path.
- Pinterest – check out the board on career and major exploration.
Résumés and Cover Letters
- Step by step instructions for creating your résumés & cover letters via CareerBeam where you can use your assessment results, find loads of tips, view samples, and save for employers to find YOU!
- Job Choices – great resource for tips on résumés, cover letters, thank you letters, interview preparation, etc. It’s geared a bit more toward undergraduates but you may still find some helpful tips.
- CareerBeam – employers are posting opportunities specifically for EMU students and graduates.
- Facebook, Twitter, and EMU Alumni Association on LinkedIn – find opportunities posted by employers and other alumni.
- Linkedin – create an account, view the New User Starter Guide, review the Job Seeker Tips, join groups in your field, and add your Linked in profile address to your résumé header.
- Chambers of Commerce – a great place to target the inside job market – find organizations of interest in the member directories and use your network to for introductions and creating opportunities.
- Pinterest – check out the Job Search and Job Fields boards.
- CareerBeam – use your webcam to record your practice interview and get feedback from Career Services or other trusted professionals.
- Pinterest – check out the boards related to interview attire and preparation.
- Pinterest – check out the boards related to Grad School and Grad School Entrance Exams.
Recruiting EMU Students and Alumni
We love to have alumni recruiting EMU students and alumni! Check out the employer tab for ideas.
Join us Wednesday, February 20, 2013. Alumni can contribute by representing their organization in the fair if interested in EMU interns, employees or service workers. You are also welcome participate in all other activities.
Be a Mentor
Could include answering questions about your career path, providing job shadowing, and offering encouragement and networking support. if you’re interested in mentoring current EMU students or new alumni.
EMU’s Alumni Association on LinkedIn
Join the group to find classmates; network with professionals; post employment, internship, and service opportunities in the jobs tab; and keep up to date on opportunities for EMU Alumni.
Follow EMU’s Career Services on Social Media
They will help you feel like a part of the EMU community long after you graduate and move away from campus.
Don’t miss the tradition of gathering with friends from your college days!