Mission & Service Day
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
1. Conversations with Service Organization Representatives (8am-4pm Campus Center Greeting Hall)
Meet with representatives throughout the day to learn about opportunities to serve both locally as well as overseas. Snack and drink will be provided plus participants can enter raffle to win Artisans’ Hope gift card!
2. Lunch Roundtable Conversations (11:30am-1pm, Dining Hall)
Choose a marked round table and join students, faculty, staff, and service organization representatives for informal conversations with a special focus on creativity in mission/service (students without meal plan can get lunch pass)
3. Mission & Service Day Coffeehouse (9pm, Common Grounds)
Explore Creativity in Mission and Service with panelists (including Ted Swartz!) offering diverse perspectives. Snacks provided and EMU community welcome!
Just in case you’re thinking…
- “I’m not planning to do a mission or service term.” Come and learn anyway – you may be surprised by how many opportunities there are to travel the world and do amazing things.
- “I’m just a first or second year student and it’s too early to think about this stuff.” Not true! It’s never too early to begin considering options following EMU.
- “I’d rather just research opportunities online.” You can learn so much more from talking with real people who have had interesting mission and service experiences themselves.