Mission & Service Day
Thursday, October 3, 2013
1. Conversations with Service Organization Representatives (8am-4pm Campus Center Greeting Hall)
Meet with representatives throughout the day to learn about opportunities to serve both locally as well as overseas. Snacks and drinks provided!
2. Lunch Roundtable Conversations (11:30am-1pm, Dining Hall)
Choose a marked round table and join students, faculty, staff, and service organization representatives for informal conversations around Mission & Service Day and Spiritual Life Week themes with questions generated by Missiology class students (students without meal plan can get lunch pass)
3. Mission & Service Day Coffeehouse (9-10pm, Common Grounds)
“Hearing From God…Really?…How?” hearing God’s call and discerning what’s next. We’ll hear from a panel of guests including Ken Medema (Spiritual Life Week Speaker), Jason Wagner (Our Community Farm), and more facilitated by Janet Stutzman from Virginia Mennonite Missions.
Just in case you’re thinking…
- “I’m not planning to do a mission or service term.” Come and learn anyway – you may be surprised by how many opportunities there are to serve locally or travel the world and do amazing things.
- “I’m just a first or second year student and it’s too early to think about this stuff.” Not true! It’s never too early to begin considering options following EMU.
- “I’d rather just research opportunities online.” You can learn so much more from talking with real people who have had interesting mission and service experiences themselves.