podcasts, video and more
- Listen to podcasts from commencement weekend, including commencement, baccalaureate, Cords of Distinction awards, and more
speaker Leymah Gbowee
Under a postcard-perfect blue sky in April, 467 members of the EMU graduating class of 2014 heard Nobel Peace Laureate Leymah Gbowee call them to “take action in the present” rather than be paralyzed by uncertainty about what their future holds.
“Begin with what you have,” she said, using “your little gift to change the world.”
Gbowee referred with pride in her commencement speech to being a graduate of EMU (she earned a master’s degree in conflict transformation in 2007) and to being the mother of a 2014 graduate, Joshua Mensah.
“My home is 5,000 miles away from this campus, but this is a place that is very close to my heart.”
Podcasts of Events
- University commencement with speaker Leymah Gbowee
- Seminary baccalaureate
- Seminary commencement with speaker Elizabeth Soto Albrecht, moderator of Mennonite Church USA
- Undergraduate baccalaureate with speaker Carolyn Stauffer, PhD, assistant professor of sociology at EMU
- Nurses pinning ceremony with speaker Ann Hershberger, PhD, professor of nursing
- Undergraduate Cords of Distinction awards