what students say
My experience at EMS Lancaster strengthened my personal formation, relationships with ministry peers, and academic core, all integral to a good start in pastoral ministry.
Joe Hackman, ’11, MDiv
Joy began her STEP study while she served in a lay position as minister of congregational care in her home congregation, Slate Hill Mennonite, Camp Hill, Pa. Her study and work led to her calling as part-time associate pastor of congregational life.
Joy Fasick, STEP ‘12
Keystone Scholarship Fund
Support southeastern Pennsylvania students
Be a supporter of the EMS Keystone Scholarship Fund and provide financial aid for students in southeastern Pennsylvania. EMS Lancaster offers many nontraditional learning opportunities designed so students can select what best fits them in pursuing God’s call to ministry:
- Enrichment audit or continuing ed
- STEP program (undergraduate ministry training)
- Gateway courses like Anabaptist identity
- Graduate study for an MDiv or other seminary degree
Your help is crucial
The scholarship fund is an important point of support for Pennsylvania students. Why?
- Students at EMS Lancaster are not eligible to receive financial aid from existing EMU sources.
- Many congregations cannot afford to underwrite the study cost of their pastors and emerging leaders.
- Investing in training church leaders today pays long-term dividends through healthier congregations and more effective Christian witness.
- Most students combine study along with professional, family and church commitments in something we call “embedded ministry education.”
The Keystone Scholarship Fund provides:
- Annual scholarships for STEP students from urban, immigrant or small congregations.
- Matching funds for seminary students who qualify for the Church Matching Grant.
- Financial aid for students who demonstrate competence and calling but lack sufficient finances to fund ministry study.
How to give
Make a one-time gift of any size or become a Keystone Partner by contributing annual gifts of $500 or more. Contribute online or donate by check payable to Eastern Mennonite University with “EMS Keystone Fund” in the memo line.
Mail donations to:
1846 Charter Lane
P.O. Box 10936
Lancaster PA 17605
Questions and contact info
Mark Wenger, director of pastoral studies for EMS Lancaster
EMU Development Office