Application and Admission
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis throughout the year.
To be considered for admission to the RN to BS in Nursing degree program a student must satisfy the following requirements:
1. A minimum of 60 SH of transferable credit from accredited colleges or universities (Waived for diploma nurses).
2. A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.
3. Current employment or involvement with an organization which enhances the learning outcomes of the program.
4. Current state licensure as a RN.
5. A satisfactory writing sample.
You must complete the following nine-step process to properly enroll in the program:
1. Contact a representative about the program and application process. For the Lancaster program you can call (717) 397-5190 or Email .
2. A completed EMU application submitted online.
3. A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 paid online.
4. Request that a letter of recommendation be sent directly to EMU Lancaster by your nursing manager or nursing instructor (whenever possible).
5. Request that official transcripts be sent to EMU Lancaster (1846 Charter Lane P.O. Box 10936 Lancaster, PA 17605-0936 Attn: Lisa Sauder) from ALL accredited community colleges or four-year institutions you have attended.
6. Submit a writing sample.
7. Meet with the Academic Advisor to discuss EMU core requirements you might need to complete the program.
8. Complete financial aid forms and make payment arrangements.
9. Complete FAFSA (School code 003708)
Admissions: Decisions and Appeals
Each program establishes and maintains its admission requirements. Admission committees composed of faculty members make admission decisions in each undergraduate program. A student denied admission may address a written appeal to the admission committee, providing additional information pertinent to an admission decision. Prospective students may appeal a second denial of admission to the dean, whose determination for admission is final.