Application and Admission
Applications are accepted throughout the year until the cohorts are filled. To ensure your preferred cohort placement and to get a jump start on any core courses you might need, it is suggested to apply by April 1 for fall enrollment and by July 1 for spring enrollment.
To be considered for admission to the RN to BS in Nursing degree program a student must satisfy the following requirements:
- A minimum of 60 SH of transferable credit from accredited colleges or universities (Waived for diploma nurses)
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Current state licensure as a RN
- A satisfactory writing sample
You must complete the following process to enroll in the program:
- Contact an admissions counselor about the program and application process at 717-397-5190 or email
- Complete online application
- Submit application fee
- Request that official transcripts be sent directly to EMU Lancaster
- Submit letter of recommendation
- Submit writing sample
Admissions: Decisions and Appeals
Each program establishes and maintains its admission requirements. Admission committees composed of faculty members make admission decisions in each undergraduate program. A student denied admission may address a written appeal to the admission committee, providing additional information pertinent to an admission decision. Prospective students may appeal a second denial of admission to the dean, whose determination for admission is final.