Preaching Institute Workshops
À La Carte Services
Work one-on-one with a preaching coach to address specific goals or concerns in preaching, including:
- leading exercises
- supporting and guiding a lay-listening team
- feedback for each step of the preaching process.
Day or half-day events, tailored for conferences or congregations, aimed towards pastors or lay preachers and worship leaders on preaching and worship-related topics.
- worship planning for a series or specific church season (i.e. Lent, Advent, etc.),
- addressing a topic, such as preaching using different sermon forms
- addressing challenges of preaching from Paul’s epistles
- the gifts and challenges of preaching the cross on Good Friday and Easter
- incorporating technology and visual arts in worship and preaching
- preaching without notes
- aspects of rhetoric and language in the sermon and broader worship contexts
- mechanics of performance in worship and preaching.
Advanced Course in Preaching
Stretch your preaching, go deeper, try something new! This course is designed to deepen participant’s knowledge of approaches and theology that undergird preaching and to sharpen the creative skills that can foster even more effective preaching. Special attention will be given to creativity in the use of language, development of the sermon’s form, moving from text to sermon, and issues relating to performance in preaching.
Cost and Schedule:
Customized a la carte services are negotiated according to the nature of the request, distance, time and availability.