About Our MA in Biomedicine Program
Our MA in Biomedicine program, approved by Commission of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), uniquely challenges students to take courses broadly from several disciplines. Some of the trans-disciplinary aspects are evident in a required cross-cultural component, transdisciplinary seminars, social science and bioethics courses, and finally in a thesis project.
Track record of success
Over the past 20 years, more than 85% of EMU undergraduate students who completed EMU’s pre-medical program were accepted into medical school. Acceptance rates for dental, veterinary medicine, and physical therapy schools are similar. Professors who are mentors and experts in their fields make a big difference. Our graduate program is based on the undergraduate model of preparing students for professional health science schools.
Your coursework is integrated with counseling, academic & career advising, and health science practicum experiences, giving you a number of advantages upon graduation.
Distinctives of EMU biomedicine graduate studies
- Limited graduate assistantships are tailored to meet the needs of individual students.
- Course work is multidisciplinary, requiring a summer cross-cultural experience, cross-discipline studies, and research experiences.
- Small class size; some lecture periods are integrated with undergraduate students with separate laboratory or graduate experiences.
- Expert faculty and new facilities dedicated for this program.
- Terminal M.A. degree (48 graduate semester hours) or one-year certificate (28 program semester hours).