Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation in Educational Settings
The Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation in Educational Settings Graduate Certificate* is designed for persons working in educational settings.
*As filed with the Pennsylvania Department of Education
Candidates must complete 15 semester hours from the following courses. (EDCC 521 is required.)
- EDCC 501 Creating Cultures of Change (3 SH)
- EDCC 521 Peacebuilding and Conflict Resolution (3 SH)
- EDDA 511 Teaching Diverse Learners (3 SH)
- EDDA 631 Research in Risk and Resiliency (3 SH)
- EDI 501 Circle Processes in School Settings (1 SH)
- EDI 611 The Bullying Phenomenon (1 or 3 SH)
- EDI 621 Restorative Discipline (1 or 3 SH)
- EDID 531 Understanding and Affirming Diversity in the Classroom (1 or 3 SH)
- EDDN 511 Teaming and Collaboration (3 SH)
- EDLA 601 Multicultural Children’s Literature (3 SH)
- EDID Elective (1 SH) **
**As approved by director or assistant director of MA in Ed program
Master of Arts candidates may complete the above requirements as part of their program or non-degree teachers may complete the courses for the graduate certificate.
The certificate is awarded through EMU’s Master of Arts in Education Program at Lancaster, as an internal recognition for having obtained a focused area of coursework in conflict transformation and education.
Tuition is $400 per credit hour, plus a technology fee of $25 per term.
Click here for the Registration Form or email for additional information.