Brand and Identity Standards
- The EMU logo is to be present on all web pages and print projects. This includes flyers, ads, correspondence, envelopes, and program-produced documents (such as newsletters). Any paper document should have the EMU or EMS logo and name included. (EMU logo standards apply to web and print. Please avoid common mistakes.)
- If a program or office has an individual “mark” such as a dove, apple, or tree, it is to be used as a secondary mark in relation to the EMU or EMS logo. These “marks” need to be considered for distinction or decoration but may not be used as (or referred to as) a separate logo. The mark may never be used alone. The EMU mascot should not appear in close proximity to the university logo.
- If a program or office has an interest in a specific color other than the EMU blue, staff will need to work with designers in the marketing services office for colors that are approved in the marketing color palette. Alternate colors may be considered in web and print media, but need to be consistent as a signature color (i.e. departments will only use one secondary color).
- The university seal is used to certify official documents and is not considered a design element or a logo. The seal should not be used on merchandise. Please direct questions to .
Graduate Program Visual Identity Standards
The marketing and communications department has developed visual identity style guides for each graduate program. A PDF file containing each style guide can be downloaded using the following links:
University Logo and Seal Downloads
|Logos||Web (72 dpi)|
|small||medium||tif (zip)||eps (zip)|
|University – black & white||png // jpg||png // jpg||download||download|
|University – color||png // jpg||png // jpg||download||download|
|Seminary – black & white||png // jpg||png // jpg||download||download|
|Seminary – color||png // jpg||png // jpg||download||download|
|EMU at Lancaster – black & white||png // jpg||png // jpg||download||download|
|EMU at Lancaster – color||png // jpg||png // jpg||download||download|
|Seminary at Lancaster – black & white||png // jpg||png // jpg||download||download|
|Seminary at Lancaster – color||png // jpg||png // jpg||download||download|
|University Seal||png // jpg||png // jpg||download||download|
Logo Usage Mistakes
- Change the color. Use of colors other than those in the prepared logos and seal is prohibited, as is the turning of a color image into grayscale.
- Crop any of the images, even the white space. Correct spacing has already been addressed in the official versions available for download.
- Alter proportions. It is critical that the proportions of the logo and seal remain constant. If you need to change the size, be sure to do it by clicking and dragging on one of the four corners of the artwork, not by the border only. These are examples of distorted artwork:
- Rotate or manipulate the images. Reversing the logo (white lettering on a dark background) requires a specific logo — it is NOT acheived by just applying white to the standard logo (in the sunburst, the sun should always be white).
- Use parts of the logo or seal. Please use the logos and seal as a whole. For example, the sunburst element of the logo should never be used alone, and must always accompany the wordmark.
- Overprint. No type or graphic elements should overprint the logo or seal.
- Combine with other graphics. Neither the logo nor seal should not be combined with other graphics to create another logo or mark.
If you have any questions about logo use or EMU identity, e-mail or call our office at (540) 432-4634.