Directions, Lodging, and Meals
Our registration table opens at 4 p.m. on Thursday, March 29; the conference welcome starts at 6 p.m. The conference will wrap up with a service of words and worship Sunday morning, which should be finished by 11 a.m.
All events will take place on the campus of Eastern Mennonite University:
- Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD) in Weyers Cave, Va., is a half hour drive from campus.
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (CHO) is a little more than an hour from campus.
- Richmond International Airport (RIC) is a 2.5 hour drive.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is a 2 hour drive under favorable traffic conditions, but can take quite a bit longer.
(Car rentals are available at all these airports.)
Housing will be available at nearby hotels, although none of them are within walking distance. Arrangements should be made directly with the hotel. Mention the Mennonite Writing Conference at any of these hotels to receive a discounted rate.
(540) 437-1400. Room rate is $69/night. Reservations must be made prior to February 28, 2011.
(540) 432-1111. Room rate is $79/night. Reservations must be made prior to February 28, 2011.
Sleep Inn & Suites
(540) 433-7100. Room rate is $69/night. Reservations must be made prior to February 28, 2011.
Meal tickets for the EMU Dining Hall can be purchased with registration. Additional options:
Within Walking Distance: A Bowl of Good is located in the Common Good Marketplace just across Mount Clinton Pike from the EMU campus. On the corner of Mount Clinton and Virginia Avenue, Parkview Plaza is home to several restaurants. A slightly longer walk, the Harmony Square Shopping Center north of campus on Virginia Ave offers fast food, Italian, and the legendary Mr. J’s Bagels.
A five minute drive from campus, downtown Harrisonburg offers a variety of dining experiences.