Apply to the Master’s in Nursing
Applicants are accepted to the program on a rolling basis, with preference given to applicants who will study full time. The admissions committee meets quarterly to review complete applications. Applicants will be notified as committee decisions are made.
MSN Leadership and School Nurse deadlines
March 1 for submission of all application materials, with final decision of admissions by March 15. The program begins with a mandatory on-campus orientation in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in early May, with classes starting in mid-May. In addition, students strongly encouraged to attend a day and a half on-campus orientation to the entire MSN program in Harrisonburg, Virginia, in early August.
MSN Leadership and Management deadlines
The June 1 application deadline for the Leadership and Management concentration has passed. Please check back after February 1, 2016 when the online application will be available again.
June 1 is the deadline for submission of all application materials, with final decision of admissions by June 15. The program begins with a 1 semester hour course in August including a mandatory day and a half orientation, in early August, at the Harrisonburg, Virginia, campus.
2015 MSN Program Calendar
August 31 – Fall semester classes begin
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- License to practice as a registered nurse
- Minimum of 2080 hours(equivalent to one year full-time) of work experience as a registered nurse
- At least a 3.0 grade point average
Additional application requirements for MSN Leadership & School Nurse applicants
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania with 2000 hours of experience
- Proof of current:
• CPR certification
• Immunizations and tuberculin testing
• Liability insurance
- Documentation of current:
• ACT 151 criminal history check
• 114 FBI clearance, including fingerprinting
• ACT 34 child abuse clearance forms
- Applicants with an active RN license and a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing will be considered on an individual basis. Prospective applicants should note that because the minimum education requirement for a Level I certification is a BSN, a Level I certification will not be approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education until ALL MSN requirements are met.
- Visit Pennsylvania Department of Education website for details on school nurse certification
A completed application includes all of the following:
- EMU MS in nursing application submitted online
- Non-refundable application fee of $25 paid online
- Two reference forms – one from an employer and one academic – submitted online
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended. Transcripts should be sent to:
Eastern Mennonite University
Attn: MSN Program
1200 Park Road
Harrisonburg VA 22802