Cost and Financial Aid
Tuition and Costs
- Tuition for 2014-2015 is $525 per credit hour.
- Students will incur additional costs for textbooks.
Payment Methods Accepted
- EMU accepts direct payments from student’s place of employment.
- EMU accepts cash, personal checks, cashiers checks, money orders, and all major credit cards. There is a 3% processing fee (minimum $1.00 fee) for each credit card transaction.
- A monthly payment plan with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) is available. Visit TMS online to set up a monthly payment plan or to log in to your existing plan.
- If a monthly payment plan alone does not cover your balance, we suggest, through TMS, a BorrowSmart monthly payment plan and loan combination strategy. Combining the monthly payments and the loan option of your choice will permit you to reduce debt while allowing affordable monthly payments. This is the best option for most students and families to limit debt. BorrowSmart education payment counseling is available via phone (1-888-216-4269), , or the web.
Payment for the semester’s tuition, less processed financial aid is due one week before classes begin.
Unpaid accounts may be subject to the following:
- EMU network access for student-owned computers will be denied
- Charging to the miscellaneous account will be denied
- Grades, transcripts, enrollment, class attendance and diploma will be denied
- Monthly finance charge of 1.5% (18% annually)
- Credit bureau reporting
- Collection and/or attorney fees necessary for collection of unpaid debts
Your first steps toward financial assistance for your masters degree should be the following:
- Determine what portion of education expenses (tuition, cost of travel, books, etc.) your institution will pay and their requirements.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Complete the EMU Financial Aid Information Sheet available from the financial assistance office.
- Check out the American Association of Colleges of Nursing for more financial aid options.