Traditional 2nd Degree Program
This four-semester program follows a traditional fall/spring semester schedule. Each applicant’s course record will be reviewed individually.
- cumulative GPA of 2.8 at time of application
- prerequisite GPA of 2.8 at time of application
- A baccalaureate degree
- Anatomy/physiology I and II
- One chemistry course (inorganic, organic, or biochemistry)
- One psychology course
- One sociology course
- For students applying for spring 2015 admission, microbiology and nutrition will be required.
All prerequisite courses must be passed with a C or higher. Students cannot repeat more than one of the courses in which a C or above is required. A single course may not be repeated more than once.
Prerequisite courses may still be in progress at the time of application, but must be completed prior to beginning the clinical level of the program.
If English is not your first language, we require a TOEFL score of 550 (does not include speaking section) on the written Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) OR 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) which includes a speaking section.
Application deadline for fall semester is February 15 for submission of all application materials with final decision of admissions by March 30.
Application deadline for spring semester is June 15 for submission of all application materials with final decision of admissions by July 30.
A university application, clinical nursing application, and college transcript must be submitted by the deadline.
- University application:
a) graduates of EMU should complete the re-admit application
b) graduates of other colleges should complete the transfer application
- Nursing Application
Clinical nursing application
- Official college transcript (A NACES member credential evaluation is required for foreign university transcripts.)
Additional EMU Requirements for graduation (for second degree students)
Previous learning is valued and recognized in applicants who have already earned a baccalaureate or higher degree prior to choosing nursing as a career. Based on this, fewer EMU core curriculum courses are required. Requirements include:
- Cross-cultural designate courses (may be transferred) (6 SH)
- An Anabaptist Biblical Perspectives (ABP) course (3 SH)
- A Senior Seminar course (2 SH)
Each applicant’s course record will be reviewed individually.