Main Campus, Harrisonburg
Office Location: n/a
Office Hours: 8am - 5pm
“At EMU students are challenged by our top notch faculty to think critically about the world around them. They are pushed to aspire for greatness and to make a positive impact in their communities both locally and worldwide.”
Jason Good oversees undergraduate recruitment at EMU as the university’s Director of Admissions. Beginning his career in enrollment in 2005, Jason has served as an Admissions Counselor, the Associate Director of Admissions, and the Director of Retention.
Jason brings with him diverse experience and expertise in higher education. He has taught in the Applied Social Sciences, Language and Literature, and the Adult Degree Completion Program at EMU. He served as head Women’s Soccer Coach for two seasons (2009-2011). Additionally he serves as a Cross Cultural leader, having led six-week summer programs to Honduras (2011, 2013) and Spain (2014).
A Washington, D.C. native, Jason completed his bachelor’s degree from EMU in Sociology and Environmental Science. He completed his master’s and doctorate in Hispanic Studies from the Universidad de Cádiz in Andalucía, Spain. His Spanish language dissertation researches the integration of immigrant students into educational systems, specifically analyzing how to welcome and retain underrepresented groups into our educational communities.
PhD, Universidad de Cádiz
M.A., Universidad de Cádiz
B.A., Eastern Mennonite University
Good, Jason (2014). Integración de alumnos inmigrantes en sistemas escolares: Cádiz, España y Harrisonburg, Virginia (EEUU.). Saarbrücken, Germany: Editorial PUBLICIA.
Scholarly Presentations and Abstracts
Jason Good and Esther Nafziger. “Strategically Leveraging an English Language Program for International Undergraduate Enrollment." NAFSA: Association of International Educators, Region VIII Annual Conference, 2014.
Jason Good and Matthew Ruth. “Creating an Effective Culture of Competition in the Admissions Office.” Virginia Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (VACRAO) Annual Meeting, 2013.
Jason Good and Deirdre Smeltzer. “Building a Successful Required Cross Cultural Program." NAFSA: Association of International Educators, Region VIII Annual Conference, 2012.
Dissertation abstract: Good, Jason. “Integración de alumnos inmigrantes en sistemas escolares: Cádiz, España y Harrisonburg, Virginia (EE.UU.).” Facultad de Filosofía y Letras, Universidad de Cádiz.
Professional Conferences Attended
- National Association for College Admission Counseling Annual Conference (NACAC) National Conference – 2014
- Strategic Enrollment Planning Executive Forum – April 15-16, 2014, Indianapolis, IN
- TFA’s 9th Annual Student Retention Workshop – July 22-25, 2013, Nashville, TN
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators, Region VIII Annual Conference – 2011, 2012, 2014
- Virginia Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (VACRAO) Annual Meeting – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO): 19th Annual Strategic Enrollment Management Conference – November 8-11, 2009, Dallas, TX
- Mennonite Enrollment Officers Annual Meeting – November 8, 2009, Dallas, TX
- Governor’s Latino Summit 2008 – September 19, 2008, Chester, VA
- VI Jornadas sobre inmigración: Integración y conflicto cultural – April 4-5, 2008, Conil de la Frontera, España (Cádiz)