Office Location: n/a
Office Hours: By appointment
EMU at Lancaster and ADCP Lancaster RN to BS
Nancy has been teaching full-time in the Eastern Mennonite University ADCP RN-to-BS in Nursing Program since July 2014.
Prior to full-time teaching at EMU Lancaster, Nancy taught at EMU Lancaster as an adjunct faculty member, and also gained teaching experience through her role as clinical and classroom instructor, Harrisburg Area Community College Lancaster Campus 2009-2014, clinical instructor at Alvernia University, 2013, and through several graduate assistantships at Villanova University, 2009-2013.
Nancy has gained valuable experience in conducting research studies, and publishing research findings through her own research in the pregnant adolescent population, and through active participation on externally-funded research committees at Villanova University.
Nancy is married to Brian and has a son (Serving in the Army Reserves), daughter-in-law, grandson Owen, and daughter, son-in-law (serving in the US Air force). She and her family have attended LCBC for several years and Nancy is an active volunteer in teen ministry.
PhD Candidate, Nursing Education and Research-Villanova University. Currently in the data collection phase of dissertation.
Master of Science in Nursing Education-Villanova University
Bachelor of Science in Nursing-Millersville University
Associate Degree in Nursing, Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing; Franklin & Marshall College
• Wise, N. (2009). Maintaining Magnet Status: Establishing an Evidence-Based Practice Committee. AORN, 90(2), 205-213.
• Wise N., Arcamone, A. (2011). Survey of Adolescent Views of Healthy Eating During Pregnancy. MCN, 36(6), 381-386.
• Smeltzer, S.C., Sharts-Hopko, N.C., Cantrell, M., Wise, N., Jenkinson, A. & Nthenge, S. (2014). Challenges to Research Productivity of Doctoral Program Nursing Faculty. Nursing Outlook, 62(4), 268-274.
• Smeltzer, S.C., Cantrell, M.A., Sharts-Hopko, N.C., Heverly, M., Wise, N., Jenkinson, A., Nthenge, S. (Accepted for publication). Nursing Doctoral Faculty Perceptions of Factors that Affect Their Continued Scholarship.
• Wise, N. (Accepted for publication). Viewpoints of Pregnant Adolescents: Beliefs about Healthy Eating, Factors that Influence Food Choices, and Nutrition Education Preferences. Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health.
• Research poster Presentation, February, 2010, Annual Nursing Research Day, Sigma Theta Tau, Alpha Nu Chapter: Prenatal Adolescent Nutrition Habits.
• Research poster presentation, March 2010, Eastern Nursing Research Society: Prenatal Adolescent Nutrition Habits.
• Clinical Education Poster Presentation, June, 2010, Drexel Nursing Education Institute: Case-Studies and Algorithms.
• Served as a Doctoral Research Assistant and Project Manager for an RWJF-funded grant under the direction of the PI, Villanova University, 2012-2013
• Served as a Graduate Research Assistant, Villanova University, 2011-2012
• Served on the Center of Excellence Committee, Villanova University, 2009
• Secretary, Graduate Nurse Network Committee, Villanova University, 2009
• Curriculum Committee, Villanova University, 2009
• Development of Evidence-Based Practice Committee, Women and Babies Hospital, Lancaster, PA. Spring 2008
• Community clothing ministry (2009-2011)
• Participated in various drama ministry productions (2000-2009)
• Active volunteer at LCBC Ephrata Campus, café and youth ministry (2012-present)
• Dissertation research: currently conducting an interactive cooking workshop for pregnant adolescents
• Recipient Certificate of Excellence for distinguished scholarly contributions to the study of nursing, Harrisburg Area Community College, September 2010
• Recipient Claire M. Manfredi Graduate Nursing Award for academic achievement, GPA, and commitment to Alumni Affairs, 2010
• Recipient Villanova Service Award, 2009
• Scholarship Award, Mensa Educational Fund, 2008
• Recipient Blue Cross and PHEAA scholarships, 2007, 2008
• Scholarship Award, National Student Nurses Association, 2012
• Recipient Sigma Theta Tau Joan Large Graduate Award, 2012
• Recipient Nurses Educational Funds, Cynthia Davis Sculco Scholarship Award, 2013
• Recipient Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Research Award, Alpha Nu Chapter 2013
• Recipient Nurses Educational Funds Research Award, 2014
• Member, SIGMA THETA TAU, International Nursing Honor Society
• Member, Eastern Nursing Research Society (ENRS)
• Member, National League for Nursing
• AWHONN, Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrical and Neonatal Nurses
• GNSA-Graduate Nursing Student Academy, of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing