December 2013 Planning Update
- Alumni, donors, and foundations have already contributed $6.8 million in current gifts and commitments for renovation/construction, plus $1.3 million in estate commitments for the Suter Science Center endowment fund.
- To achieve a minimum of $7 million in current gifts and commitments for renovation/construction, we must raise at least $200,000 of additional cash commitments by December 31, 2013.
Estimated design/construction timeline
- December 2012: Program and project definition determined by design concept committee.
- April 2013: Architect completes updated drawings.
- May 2013: General contractor completes cost estimates.
- Ongoing: Intensive efforts to raise final $200,000 of the campaign.
- January 2014 – December 2014: Construction documents finalized. If fundraising goal of $7 million is met early, renovation will begin May 2014. If fundraising goal is met by December 31, 2014, renovation will begin in 2015 and be completed by 2016.
Renovation design and planning process
EMU established a design concept committee responsible for creating a design concept that maximizes the educational value of the Suter Science Center within the confines of the available budget.