- Main campus Harrisonburg, Va.
- Extension – Lancaster Pa., serving most of Southeastern Pennsylvania and offering study options in a number of Pa. locations.
- Online – available anywhere you can access the Internet.
About 140 students are enrolled in all programs with about 85 students in Virginia, 33 in Pennsylvania, and 21 enrolled in online courses.
Students are mentored in real-world ministry experiences by pastors and other practitioners in congregations and other contexts during their mentored ministry experience. This component of seminary helps students mature into reflective practitioners in all aspects of ministry.
All EMS faculty have crosscultural experience, experience in ministry other than teaching, or both.
Student religious affiliation
60% of the students are Mennonite, 19% are United Methodist, 22% are from a variety of other denominations.
Average age of student
United Methodist Connection
EMS has been approved by the United Methodist Church’s University Senate for the training of candidates for ordination. A significant number of United Methodist students are enrolled at EMS and will seek to be ordained. Learn more about United Methodists at EMS.
- 83% of students who begin a program at EMS finish that program
- 83.3% of students are employed in a ministry setting after graduation
Eastern Mennonite Seminary prepares men and women to serve and lead in a global context. In response to God’s saving grace, we educate students to bear witness to the gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of God’s Spirit as wise interpreters, mature practitioners, discerning communicators, and transformational leaders.