|Position Title||Summer Conference & Events Assistant|
|Description||A Summer Conference & Events Assistant supports the role and responsibilities of the Eastern Mennonite University Auxiliary Services Office, and more specifically, the efficient operation of the Summer Conference & Events Program. The Assistant is a representative of the University to conference participants. This live-in position requires high visibility among conference guests, clear communication and good working relationships with various campus departments, and a good working knowledge of the University and surrounding community.|
• To contribute to the growth and promotion of EMU Conference & Events Program
• To learn conference planning and facilitation in the setting of a small, private university
• To gain organizational, leadership, customer service and problem solving skills
• To learn more about the hospitality and customer service field
These include but are not limited to:
• Communication with conference leaders and other university personnel prior to all conferences to coordinate and schedule a wide variety of details
o Lodging—assist with the cleaning, preparation and inspection of residence hall rooms, assist conference leaders with housing assignments and organizing and disseminating appropriate keys and access cards
o Food Service—work with conference leaders and food service staff to coordinate menu selections, meal times and cafeteria check in procedures.
o Meeting spaces—work with conference leaders to ascertain their needs and then select and schedule appropriate meeting spaces.
o Recreation—provide appropriate recreational equipment and supervision when needed including but not limited to the climbing wall, gym and game room
o Set-ups & tear-downs—insure all meetings spaces, both indoor and outdoor, are set up with the necessary equipment and amenities in a timely manner including returning all spaces to their original settings at the conclusion of the meeting or conference.
• Complete Facility Contracts to insure that the campus community is aware of the nature of each conference and when they will be on campus
• Registration and checkout assistance
• Be on call 24/7 when your assigned conferences are on campus
• Maintain high visibility and daily contact with conference group leaders
• Delegate tasks to co-workers when necessary
• Maintain detailed records for accurate billing purposes
• General custodial tasks including the movement of heavy equipment and furniture
• Assist with Box Office operations when necessary
• Occasionally perform work for other university departments
|Department||Conferences & Events|