Fill out the form
Mission: Campus Activities Council (CAC) works to provide the campus community with a full menu of social and recreational activities for the purpose of fun and community engagement.
Expectations for all CAC staff:
- Attend planning retreats in August and January
- Attend weekly CAC meetings
- Provide leadership of several CAC events per year
- Provide assistance at several CAC events per year
- Attend all CAC training during term of office
- Serve as a New Student Orientation Staff member
- Be a positive catalyst for campus engagement among other students
- Each CAC member will serve as event lead staff for several social and recreation activities per year, coordinating all pre-planning including coordinating marketing, logistics and technical requirements, refreshments and working with other CAC staff for the event. Possible events include weekend socials, theme nights, dances, ice cream socials, Fall fest, Spring fest, Midnight Bowling, Late-night Roller-skating, semi-formal, and other related activities. Lead staff for each event will also be required to offer event evaluation for each event upon completion.
- Work cooperatively with other CAC members, the Assistant Director of Student Programs and the Director of Student Programs in the planning and implementation of programming events.
- Engage in co-sponsorships in an effort to build relationships with other organizations.
- Be prompt and reliable at all events for which you have responsibility or involvement.
- Other duties as assigned (concerts, films, etc.) by the Assistant Director of Student Programs or the Director of Student Programs.
- Specific CAC staff members will take the lead in the areas serving as Films Directors, Technical Directors, Brand Managers, Operations Managers and on the Executive Team (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary)
- Consult on the film selection process in cooperation with the Assistant Director of Student Programs
- Purchase popcorn/refreshments & supplies in cooperation with the Assistant Director of Student Programs
- Supervise and manage other staff at film showings
- Be responsible one to two evenings a week for the film screenings
- Coordinate ticket sales, ID checking, and concessions
- Provide technical support for all CAC activities that require sound
- Be prompt and reliable at all events for which you have responsibility
- Seek to engage the campus community in upcoming CAC events through the utilization of a variety of marketing tools including; social media, print posters, fliers, direct mail pieces, electronic notice boards, bulletin and white boards, etc.
- Conduct regular surveys of the campus community to gauge engagement levels and appropriateness of programming
- Handles all logistical requirements and requests for planned events, as directed by event specific staff
- President: Supports and serves as back-up to the Assistant Director and Director of Student Programs, moral and logistical team leader for CAC, attends regular meeting with Assistant Director and Director of Student Programs, office and administrative support as needed, convenes weekly CAC meetings
- Vice-President: Supports and serves as back-up to the CAC President, moral and logistical team leader
- Treasurer: Tracks CAC budget, finances and expenditures, and follows up with event staff to receive event evaluations
- Secretary: Responsible to record accurate and thorough minutes of weekly meetings and disseminate to CAC members via email in a prompt way