Managing your club
Dear Student Leader:
Congratulations on being selected as a leader in your organization. In the course of planning for and running your organization, you will need information on registering as a student organization, funding, and reservation of facilities, publicizing events, and many other issues. This reference manual has been designed to make your job as an organization leader easier. The goal of the Office of Student Programs and Orientation is to resource the students of Eastern Mennonite University. If you need assistance, contact me at ext. 4133.
Thanks for your involvement. I hope your year is one of much personal growth and development.
Director of Student Programs and Orientation
Benefit for Registered Student Organization
- Inclusion in the Student Handbook and the Student Organization Directory
- The ability reserve and utilize university resources (spaces, vehicles, equipment, office supplies, etc.)
- The ability to request that SGA allocate funds from the comprehensive student fees to your organization in accordance with published guidelines
- An invitation to participate in the Biennial EMU Student Leadership Conference for student organizations
- The right to publicize events on campus in accordance with published guidelines
- The right to hold fund-raising events in accordance with published guidelines
- An invitation to participate in the Annual Student Organizations Ice-Cream Social to recruit members
- Eligibility to receive Leadership Awards
- Accountability to set organizational goals and provide benefits to the campus community
- Automatic inclusion in the Union of Student Organizations (USO)