The Student Life Division of Eastern Mennonite University is committed to creating and maintaining a challenging and supportive living and learning community. To that end our work fosters these elements:
- the intellectual, social/emotional, physical, and spiritual development of all students
- the common university enterprise of learning, and
- effective life skills for living and working in a diverse and global community.
In expressing and implementing this mission, the division strives to develop programs and activities that build on the following goals. Students will:
- develop wellness in body, mind and spirit
- demonstrate positive self-esteem
- possess critical thinking and decision making skills
- clarify values
- engage in meaningful and healthy relationships
- understand and appreciate racial and cultural diversity
- demonstrate personal responsibility and integrity
- develop leadership knowledge and skills
- evidence Christian social responsibility and commitment to life-long service
- demonstrate the ability to work independently and interdependently
- understand and appreciate community living
- explore career opportunities and life purposes
- To provide leadership for spiritual life and faith development programs through Campus Ministries.
- To help crystallize and implement career goals for students, faculty, staff and alumni through Career Services.
- To increase awareness of skills, insights and resources those promote good mental health, satisfying relationships and productive work and leisure activity through Counseling Services.
- To promote students’ physical and emotional well being through the services of the Health Center.
- To provide opportunities for integration of athletic skill and personal growth in leadership, teamwork and interpersonal relationships through Intercollegiate Athletics.
- To foster and supports understanding of cultural differences while emphasizing our commonalities as God’s children in a challenging and diverse world community through Multicultural & International Student Services.
- To provide a living environment where students interact and learn from each other and where educational opportunities complement academic programs through Housing and Residence Life.
- To create a social climate outside the classroom for students to cultivate relationships & develop leadership skills through Student Activities and New Student Orientation.