Work with your roommate to arrange and decorate your room. It’s important the space meets both your needs.
What Should You Bring?
After you get through the registration line in University Commons, grab your stuff and head to the residence halls. Yep – it’s time to move in!
Here’s a list of things you’ll need as you settle into your new dorm room. Consult with your roommate first to decide in advance what items you each will bring!
- clothing (with hangers) and shoes
- sheets/blankets/pillows – long beds (36″ × 80″) are located in all of Cedarwood , Elmwood and Maplewood , and on Northlawn 2nd floor. Northlawn 1st, 3rd, and 4th floor have standard 36″ × 74″ beds.
- towels and washcloths
- bathroom necessities and carrying container
- stackable crates (no cement blocks or bricks!)
- trash basket
- laundry bag/basket and detergent
- desk lamp (Cedarwood , Maplewood , and Elmwood have lamps)
- computer (hook-ups available in rooms; most spaces on campus have wireless access)
- alarm clock
- cork or memo board
- phone (one per room) if you want to opt in to on-campus phone service
- under bed storage containers
- white sticky tac to hang things in rooms (other adhesive tends to pull off paint)
- One refrigerator per room (that does not exceed 1 kwh per day in energy consumption, approximately 2.5 cubic feet)
- insurance information