Work with your roommate to arrange and decorate your room. It’s important the space meets both your needs.
What Should You Bring?
Please make your way through the registration line in the University Commons upon arrival. After checking in, you may pull your vehicle into the specified unloading areas. Orientation staff will happily assist you in carrying belongs to your dorm room.
Here is a list of things you will need as you settle into your new dorm room. It is highly recommended that you consult with your roommate first to decide in advance what items you each will bring.
What to Wear
- Comfortable clothes and shoes you can go to class in
- One or two outfits and shoes for more formal affairs
- Work-out clothes and shoes
- Light jacket
- Heavy coat (for the end of the semester)
- Slippers (for hanging out in the residence hall)
- sheets/blankets/pillows – long beds (36″ × 80″) are located in all of Cedarwood , Elmwood and Maplewood , and on Northlawn 1st and 2nd floors. Northlawn 3rd, and 4th floor have standard 36″ × 74″ beds.
- towels and washcloths
- bathroom necessities and carrying container
- stackable crates (no cement blocks or bricks)
- trash basket
- laundry bag/basket and detergent
- desk lamp (Cedarwood , Maplewood , and Elmwood have lamps)
- computer (hook-ups available in rooms; almost every space on campus has wireless access)
- alarm clock (or cell phone)
- storage containers
- white sticky tac to hang things in rooms (other adhesives tend to pull off paint)
- One refrigerator per room (that does not exceed 1 kwh per day in energy consumption, approximately 2.5 cubic feet)
- insurance information