- Ministry assistants and community advisers are an important part of the EMU community, being leaders and providing spiritual fellowship in residence halls.
We require full-time, single students to live on campus and build social and life skills. In 2009 we opened our newest residence hall, the energy-efficient Cedarwood, and in 2010-11 completed major renovations of some of our existing halls. We’re committed to providing excellence in housing.
Residence halls have double rooms, single rooms, four-person adjoining rooms, and suites. Review our campus housing policy
- Elmwood: 88 men and women; double rooms; one 4-person suite available by application; LEED Gold certified.
- Maplewood: 86 men and women; double rooms; one 6-person suite available by application. LEED Gold certified.
- Northlawn: 190 men and women; single rooms, double rooms, and 4-6 person suites available by application; campus dining hall on ground level.
- Cedarwood: 60 men and 60 women; double occupancy; some triple occupancy. LEED Gold certified.
- Hillside Suites: 84 upper-class men and women in 25 2- or 4-person suites. Must be 20 years of age or older or be classified as a junior or senior. Application required.
- Parkwood Apartments: 99 upper-class men and women in 30 2- or 4-person suites. Must be 20 years of age or older or be classified as a junior or senior. Application required.
EMU apartments offer housing for married and older single students in a community setting convenient to campus: Mt. Clinton Apartments and Village Apartments. Features include A/C, laundry facilities within the building, major kitchen appliances, university telephone/voice mail, etc. Contact Cheryl Armstrong at (540) 432-4662 or for more info.