Shenandoah Valley Children’s Choir
The Shenandoah Valley Children’s Choir, or SVCC, is a nationally acclaimed children’s choir program based in Harrisonburg, Virginia, at Eastern Mennonite University. For over 20 years, we have provided young people in the Shenandoah Valley who love song with quality performance, music education, touring and recording opportunities.
A new SVCC website is under construction! In the mean time, here are some of our upcoming events: Stay tuned for more information about this exciting semester!
- Prep, Treble, and Concert Choirs start September 14!
- PC, TC, CC retreat at Camp Horizons, September 19!
- Music Explorers classes start September 21! (still accepting registrations.)
- “Little Knight Music”, our new after-school satellite program for k-2nd graders at Spotswood Elementary School starts September 23!
- Our collaboration with Harrisonburg City Schools 3rd-6th grade boys will take place on November 3rd.
- Fall concert with Shenandoah Valley Youth Symphony will be on November 22.
- Christmas concert will take place December 6.
- November 16th, 2015
Valley music aficionados will have a rare opportunity Sunday, Nov. 22, as the Shenandoah Valley Youth Symphony Orchestra and the Shenandoah Valley Children’s Chorus (SVCC) perform together for just the second time. The concert is 4 p.m. in Eastern Mennonite University’s Lehman Auditorium. A $7 donation is requested to benefit scholarship students in the Preparatory …More
Shenandoah Valley Children’s Choir presents special benefit concert to help Nepalese village rebuild after quakesJune 12th, 2015
Among the 8,800 people killed by the April 25 earthquake in Nepal was the father of ManKumari Ghale – a Harrisonburg resident and member of Harrisonburg Mennonite Church. ManKumari’s mother, grandmother and siblings, as well as her husband Dhanraj’s immediate family, lost their homes in the disaster. When their close friend Janet Hostetter, director of …More