Eastern Mennonite University’s RN to BS in Nursing program is specifically designed to fit the needs of the professional nurse.
Enroll in classes today to engage in evidence – based learning & practice and enhance
the future of nursing!
Quality and value
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Grounded in values including service to others, faith, peacebuilding, cross-cultural engagement and sustainability.
- Emphasis placed on learning in community by utilizing a cohort model, allowing you to form close relationships with the same group of peers throughout the 20 months.
- Personal, individualized attention from faculty and staff eliminates obstacles standing in the way of your success.
Flexible and convenient
- Hybrid: Meets on-site approximately half of the total weeks in each cohort course, providing you with the support and accountability of an on-site learning environment and including the flexibility of online classes. On-site weeks involve day/evening class sessions. Learn more about our hybrid location options and start dates here
- Online: Complete 100% of your coursework online, enjoying maximum flexibility while still receiving support from EMU faculty and staff.
- General Education: Courses are offered each semester in on-site, hybrid, and online formats.
Cohort start dates
Option in Harrisonburg, VA (main campus)
- Orientation: January 8, 2018
- Classes start on January 15, 2018 – EMU Main Campus, Harrisonburg – 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Orentation: September 4, 2018
- Classes start on September 11, 2018 - EMU Main Campus - Tuesdays 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Hybrid Option in Lancaster, PA site
- On-site Meet & Greet: January 4, 2018 (optional)
- Online Orientation: Complete by January 8, 2018
- Classes start on January 10, 2018 – EMU at Lancaster – Wednesdays, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Online Orientation: Complete by August 28, 2018
- Classes start on September 5, 2018 - EMU at Lancaster - Wednesdays, 6:00 PM - 10:00 PN
- Online Orientation: January 8, 2018
- Classes start on January 10, 2018 (1 synchronous session from 5-9 PM), Asynchronous classes begin January 15, 2018
- Online Orientation: August 28, 2018
- Classes start on September 3, 2018 (1 synchronous session from 5-9 PM), Asynchronous classes begin September 10, 2018
Note: Spring 2018 applications recommended by November 1, 2017, and no later than November 25, 2017. Fall 2018 applications recommended by July 1, 2018 and no later than July 25, 2018.
The majority of cohort courses are accelerated (7-8 weeks in length).
124 semester hour credits are required for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
- The cost per credit is $395, and there is a $50 technology fee per semester.
- We offer deferred billing for employer tuition reimbursement, as well as interest-free monthly payment plan options.
To be considered for admission to the RN to BS in Nursing degree program a student must satisfy the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 60 SH of transferable credit from accredited colleges or universities (waived for diploma nurses)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Hold current state licensure as an RN
- Be working or volunteering as an RN
- Submit a satisfactory writing sample
Submit the following items:
- Online application (no application fee)
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges or universities that you have attended
- Letter of recommendation
- Writing sample
For more information
Call 540-432-4983 or email RNtoBS@emu.edu