Welcome to EMU’s Career Services! We’re here to help you with your career path even after you leave.Appointments and online consultations are free for all alumni within 1 year of graduation date and after that. Enjoy full use of these online resources or if you’d like to meet in person.
- – start with the Quick Profile or do all 15 exercises to begin your career exploration that seamlessly leads into the career planning module.
- Career Counseling – with Sarah Defnall, Resident in Counseling, if you’d like to talk about your personality, strengths, values, etc. and how they relate to your career path.
Résumés and Cover Letters
- for creating your résumés & cover letters via CareerBeam where you can use your assessment results, find loads of tips, view samples, and save for employers to find YOU!
- – great resource for tips on résumés, cover letters, thank you letters, interview preparation, etc. It’s geared a bit more toward undergraduates but you may still find some helpful tips.
- – employers are posting opportunities specifically for EMU students and graduates.Please note: while Career Services makes every effort to ensure CareerBeam postings are legitimate, there is still the opportunity for fraud through postings that appear perfectly valid. Do your research on the employer before you apply!
- free, monthly, 60-minute webinars to learn strategies and best practices to leverage LinkedIn at every stage of your job search. Be sure to join groups in your field and add your LinkedIn profile address to your résumé header.
- – a great place to target the inside job market – find organizations of interest in the member directories and use your network for advice and introductions to create opportunities.
- – an inside look at jobs & companies – check out jobs, reviews, salaries, & interviews with free full access for EMU students and grads!
- – use your webcam to record your practice interview and get feedback from Career Services or other trusted professionals.
Recruiting EMU Students and Alumni
Join us Wednesday, February 19, 2014. Alumni can contribute by representing their organization in the fair if interested in EMU interns, employees or service workers. You are also welcome participate in all other activities.
Be a Mentor
Could include answering questions about your career path, providing job shadowing, and offering encouragement and networking support. Contact us if you’re interested in mentoring current EMU students or new alumni.
Join the group to find classmates, network with professionals, and keep up to date on opportunities for EMU Alumni.
Follow EMU’s Career Services on Social Media
They will help you feel like a part of the EMU community long after you graduate and move away from campus.
Don’t miss the tradition of gathering with friends from your college days!