Mission and Service Day
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
1. Conversations with Service Organization Representatives (9am-4pm in Campus Center Greeting Hall)
Meet with representatives throughout the day to learn about opportunities to serve both locally as well as overseas.
2. Lunch Date(Conversations with Mission & Service Representatives) (11:30am-1:30pm, East Dining Room in Northlawn)
Gather with Campus Pastor Brian Martin Burkholder and service organization representatives for informal conversations around Christian mission & service and opportunities with these organizations. (Students without meal plan can get a free lunch pass by visiting the Wellness Suite front desk or you may bring your own lunch).
More events to come!
Just in case you’re thinking…
- “I’m not planning to do a mission or service term.” Come and learn anyway – you may be surprised by how many opportunities there are to serve locally or travel the world and do amazing things.
- “I’m just a first or second year student and it’s too early to think about this stuff.” Not true! It’s never too early to begin considering options following EMU.
- “I’d rather just research opportunities online.” You can learn so much more from talking with real people who have had interesting mission and service experiences themselves.