You can’t change your world alone!
- • The world bends towards justice… if we make justice a priority.
- • Peace is possible… when communities take peaceful action.
In every society small groups are laboring to build a world organized around principles of justice, equity, human dignity, right relationship with creation, and peace. The work looks different in each context and we don’t always use the same language to describe it.
Summer Peacebuilding Institute is built around the belief that those working to bring about positive social change need to:
- • Learn from each other,
- • Enhance their understanding of problems and possibilities,
- • Increase their practical skills for promoting change,
- • Take time for rest, reflection, and renewal.
At SPI we support these needs by providing courses that:
- • Can be taken for credit or training,
- • Are taught by academically credentialed practitioners,
- • Encourage participants to share their wisdom and knowledge,
- • Link better understanding of problems with practical skills for changing them.
Courses may be taken for training or for graduate level academic credit.
We also support self-care and respite in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley through group meals, hiking, sporting activities, theater and musical performances, and various other extracurricular activities.