The Winston Fellowship will be awarded to one international or indigenous participant for SPI 2018. This Fellowship is intended for an organization that seeks training for someone new to peacebuilding. An application must come from the organization as well as the individual, and must include at least a six-week internship after the individual returns from SPI. The Fellowship covers the person’s entire participation for three sessions of training at SPI, including all visa fees, course and materials fees, lodging, a per diem for food and books, and transportation from your home country to SPI and back. The Fellowship covers courses taken for training only, it will not cover courses taken for academic credit.
In order to qualify for a Winston Fellowship, you must:
- Submit a completed SPI application form for admission and pay the $50 application fee.
- Be either an international applicant or an indigenous American.
- Have an organizational sponsor. This sponsor will have to complete a separate application that will be emailed directly to the organization’s contact. The organization must provide for you to have at least a six-week internship after you return home. The Winston Fellowship will provide $500 to your sponsor that is to be given to you during the course of your internship for your living expenses, travel, and other necessary expenses.
- Be able to articulate how you expect training in peacebuilding to prepare you for greater effectiveness in what you hope to do with your life.
- You and the organization must be able to articulate your internship plan – what will you do for the sponsoring NGO? Include general description, location, others involved, objectives, goals, activities, and any other information you feel is pertinent.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for the Winston Fellowship, please complete an application form for admission. Once you complete your application for admission, please email the name of the organization that will sponsor you as well as a contact person and their e-mail address to email@example.com. After your completed application for admission is processed, you will receive a personal application for the Fellowship. SPI will email the organization sponsorship form directly to the organization to complete.
Applications for the Winston Fellowship are due by January 29, 2018.
Award decisions will be made by February 12, 2018.