Diversity and Inclusion at EMU
Our diverse community welcomes people from varied faith traditions, cultures and ethnic backgrounds. In the midst of the current political climate in the United States EMU’s president, Dr. Susan Huxman and EMU’s provost Dr. Fred Kniss have reiterated the EMU policies that protect the rights, the dignity and the educational resources that our immigrant and international students bring to us.
- More than 50 faith traditions are represented on campus.
- More than 50 countries are represented in our student body.
- AHANA (Americans of African, Hispanic, Asian and Native American descent) students make up 24% of our undergraduate student body
Resources for students
- The multicultural student services office nurtures a vibrant network of activities and clubs for students from diverse backgrounds.
- The international student services office office provides a safe, friendly connection as students transition to a new culture and country and helps with details such as paperwork.
- Our committee on diversity and inclusion reviews policy and creates programming to make EMU feel like “home” for all.
- Our strategic plan includes a commitment to diversify our faculty and staff to better represent our student body.
EMU preps multi-talented Chilean alumni for doctoral religious studies, peacebuilding dialogue in the Jewish communityOctober 6th, 2017
When Channah Fonseca-Quezada and David Quezada talk about their personal journeys that have merged and taken them from their native Chile to the United States and now to Canada, one … read more
- September 21st, 2017
Eastern Mennonite University’s Latino Student Alliance hosted a Sept. 15 chapel to begin Latino Heritage Month. Guest speaker Don Clymer, an EMU language professor who has led several cross-cultural trips … read more
- August 17th, 2017
Today, as a campus community committed to extending the peace of Jesus Christ, we stand in sympathy and in solidarity with our brothers and sisters caught up in the ugly, … read more
- June 28th, 2017
Dr. Susan Schultz Huxman, president of Eastern Mennonite University, offered the following welcome and introductory remarks at an opening session Thursday, June 22, 2017, for a three-day conference, “Crossing the … read more