1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with at least a cumulative 2.75 GPA (based on 4.0). If this condition is not met, a graduate GPA including six or more credits will be considered.*
2. Strong written and oral communication skills.
3. Proficiency in and access to word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
4. Regular and frequent access to high speed Internet.
5. Two references (one academic, one professional)
6. A 500 word essay outlining why you are interested in this program, your objectives in pursuing this certificate, and how the program fits into your long-term goals.
7. A current resume or curriculum vita.
8. A completed application form.
9. Official transcripts from each college or university attended. (Mail to Humanitarian Action Leadership, Eastern Mennonite University, 1200 Park Road, Harrisonburg, Virginia. 22802.) All non-U.S. post secondary university transcripts need to be evaluated in order for EMU to accept those credits. We recommend using Education Evaluators International or World Educational Services.
10. Application fee of $50.00 (U.S.)
11. Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores for either the TOEFL or IELTS test. EMUrequires a 550 on the paper TOEFL or its equivalent (Institutional code: 5181).
*For students whose studies have been disrupted a non- baccalaureate entry will be considered by the admissions committee.
Deadlines for Admission
Applications, including scholarship applications are due December 1. After this date, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as long as there is space in the program. Submissions will not be reviewed until the application is complete.
Tuition and Fees – 2017-18 academic year
Application fee (non-refundable) $50
Tuition (per credit hour) $650
Auditing (per hour) $217
Graduation fee – Graduate Certificate $25
General Student Services fee (per credit hour) $12