Pastoral Assistants (PAs)
Pastoral assistants serve the EMU campus community in a variety of roles. Most PAs support and mentor the ministry assistants from a particular residence hall, meeting regularly in ministry support groups (MSGs).
In addition, PAs plan and lead chapel services and facilitate gatherings that nurture spiritual life on campus by encouraging reflection, conversations, and dialogue along with planning Spiritual Life Week.
PAs are students who exhibit maturity of Christian faith, have experience in peer ministry, might have interest in ministry as a vocation or are discerning a call to ministry. PAs meet regularly with the campus pastors for mentoring.
- Brandon Waggy, Katie L. Miller, Tyler Yoder, Nicole Groff, Macon Rowley, Jonathan Burkholder, Rose Jantzi, Christina Hardman-Zimmerman.
- Suzy Hostetler serves as campus ministries program assistant.
If interested in serving as a PA, complete this PA application form. The application deadline for 2014-15 is the last day of February.
Ministry Assistants (MAs)
Ministry assistants are students who are called and equipped to serve as a ministry presence on their residence hall floors. They practice and reflect on peer ministries through taking a practicum course in small group ministries, ministry support groups (MSGs), and retreats. The ministry of MAs includes leading weekly times of Bible study, sharing, prayer, service, peer support as well as relationship building.
- Elmwood: Bethannie Parks, Priya Chavan, Ruthie Beck, Grantley Showalter
- Maplewood: Alicia Poplett, Ryan Keiner
- Cedarwood: Amanda Helfrich, Maddie List, Nathan Scarborough, Eli Wenger
- Northlawn: Janaya Sachs, Austin Mumaw, Jonathan Bush, Hanna Heishman, Nicole Smith
If interested in being an MA, complete this MA application form. MA applications will be accepted until the end of February or until positions are filled.
Campus ministries provides a resource library for use by PAs and MAs for Bible studies, discussion groups and other occasions. The books, games, videos and supplies are categorized and shelved according to subject and can be signed out from the Student Life Suite in University Commons.
Come visit, peruse the options and check out a few resources. view available materials