Applications and Other Forms
2018-2019 Small Group Living Application Information
(Currently known as "Theme Houses": Bomberger House, Redmond House, Suter II/Bridge House)
- Small Group Living: Available to fulltime Juniors (56+SH) and Seniors (90+SH) or those students age 20+ by 9/1/2018. Small Group Living contracts are for one full academic year (fall and spring).
To ensure that residents will be offered an equal opportunity to compete for placement in the houses, each application will be scored by the selection committee according to a weighting system. This process is extremely competitive. Weighting criteria are:
- Class Level
- House occupancy across both Semesters
- Absence of Student Life probationary status
- Demonstrated ability to live in a community living situation
Applications are due January 19, 2018 and notification of placement will be made within two weeks of that date.
2018-2019 Suite/Apartment Application Information
(Hillside Suites, Parkwood Apartments)
- Hillside Suites or Parkwoods Apartments: Available to fulltime Juniors (56+SH) and Seniors (90+SH) or those students age 20+ by 9/1/2018. Hillside and Parkwoods contracts are for one full academic year (fall and spring).
Suite/Apartment Application Instructions:
- 1. Create an IDENTIFYING CODE for your suite/apartment group. This code should be a unique combination of letters and numbers that no other group will use. Each individual applicant must insert the same identical code on their application.
- 2. Each individual in the group needs to complete the Suite/Apartment Application .
- 3. Read the general application and contract information sections thoroughly (at beginning of online application).
- 4. Submit all individual applications online no later than February 5, 2018. Individual forms submitted separately may not be considered.
- 5. If you have any questions or concerns about the Suite/Apartment Application process, please contact email@example.com .
This process is extremely competitive. The following weighting system is in place in order to determine applicant priority for choosing placement. Applications will be due on February 5, 2018. Weighting is as follows:
- AGE as of 9/1/2018: ≤18 (0), 19 (1), 20(2), 21(3), Over 21 (5)
- CLASS LEVEL as of 9/01/2018: So (1), Jr (3), Sr (5)
-Upon application submission, suite is fully occupied both semesters (5 extra points per group)
-Current disciplinary probation status (-2 points)
2018-2019 Pre-professional Floor Information
Northlawn 4th floor is aimed at Senior students who are foremost looking for a community with similar academic interests. The intention is to create a space for students who are in student teaching placements, internships etc. who desire different sleeping times than the average residence hall tends to offer as easily.
Although the target audience is Senior students who are working on their last requirements before graduation, other students not in placements can also apply, citing a need and desire for a focused academic living community. Junior students interested in this space can also apply, but will be housed based on availability after need for senior students is met. First-year and sophomore students will not be housed on this floor.
Northlawn 4th Floor is available to full-time juniors (56+SH) and seniors (90+SH) or those students age 20+ by 9/1/2018. Preference will be given to Seniors. A 3.0 cumulative GPA is required at the time of application Students with one or more alcohol/drug-related violation within the past three semesters are ineligible to live in on 4th floor. Students with two or more of ANY kind of violation are also ineligible. If your application fails to meet any of the above criteria, it must be accompanied by a letter of appeal. There are two suites available—one for men and one for women.
Pre-professional Floor Application Instructions
Because we believe that residence hall living fosters social and emotional development, it is required that all full-time single, undergraduate students live on campus. All students intending to live off-campus – even those who meet the standard exemptions below – are required to submit the form to request off-campus housing approval and document their eligibility during the semester prior to living off-campus. All full-time undergraduate students will be billed for on campus housing until the Off-Campus Housing Request form has been submitted AND the request has been approved by the Housing Appeals Committee.
Exemption may be given to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Live with parents or legal guardians.
- Have earned a total of at least 90 semester hours of credit before fall semester registration day of the academic year in which off-campus housing is requested. (i.e., senior status) and be at least 21 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off campus housing is requested.
- Be at least 23 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off campus housing is requested, regardless of credit hours earned.
- Need to reserve an apartment due to marriage plans within the semester.
- Require specialized care as prescribed by a medical doctor.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org .