Eastern Mennonite University’s RN to BS in Nursing program is specifically designed to fit the needs of the professional nurse.
Enroll in classes today to engage in evidence – based learning & practice and enhance the future of nursing!
Quality and value
• Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
• Grounded in values including service to others, faith, peacebuilding, cross-cultural engagement and sustainability.
• Emphasis placed on learning in community by utilizing a cohort model, allowing you to form close relationships with the same group of peers throughout the 20 months.
• Personal, individualized attention from faculty and staff eliminates obstacles standing in the way of your success.
Flexible and convenient
• Hybrid: Meets on-site approximately half of the total weeks in each cohort course, providing you with the support and accountability of an on-site learning environment and including the flexibility of online classes. On-site weeks involve day/evening class sessions. Learn more about our hybrid location options and start dates here
• Online: Complete 100% of your coursework online, enjoying maximum flexibility while still receiving support from EMU faculty and staff.
• General Education: Courses are offered each semester in on-site, hybrid, and online formats.
Cohort start dates
Option in Virginia
- Orientation: January 8
Classes start on January 15, 2018 – EMU Main Campus, Harrisonburg – 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Orientation: January 8, 2018 – Classes start on January 15, 2018
The majority of cohort courses are accelerated (7-8 weeks in length).
124 semester hour credits are required for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
• The cost per credit is $395, and there is a $50 technology fee per semester.
• We offer deferred billing for employer tuition reimbursement, as well as interest-free monthly payment plan options.
To be considered for admission to the RN to BS in Nursing degree program a student must satisfy the following requirements:
• Have a minimum of 60 SH of transferable credit from accredited colleges or universities (waived for diploma nurses)
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
• Hold current state licensure as an RN
• Be working or volunteering as an RN
• Submit a satisfactory writing sample
Submit the following items:
• Online application (no application fee)
• Official transcripts from all accredited colleges or universities that you have attended
• Letter of recommendation
• Writing sample
For more information
Call 540-432-4983 or email