The Mission, Vision and Values of CJP
The Center for Justice & Peacebuilding educates a global community of peacebuilders through the integration of practice, theory and research. Our combined vision is to prepare, transform, and sustain leaders to create a just and peaceful world.
Our Program Values
As a program of excellence, we believe that our values are inextricably woven into our actions. Therefore, consistent with EMU’s grounding in Anabaptist theology and life, we believe that our values are made visible when we:
- reflect Anabaptist Christian traditions and values, which include nonviolence, right relationships, and just community.
- give priority to hospitality and building relationships with both individuals and institutions.
- foster respect and collaboration across faith traditions, cultures and worldviews, while challenging ourselves and others to continual learning.
- focus on positive long-term and deep-rooted change that links personal and social transformation.
- support sustainability of CJP/EMU and partner organizations, emphasizing personal, relational, spiritual, environmental and financial well-being.
- understand and honor human dignity and interdependence.
- ensure mutual accountability and transparency between CJP (Center for Justice & Peacebuilding), individuals, organizations, and funding sources.
- understand peacebuilding as an overarching concept that includes conflict transformation, restorative justice, trauma healing, reconciliation, development, and leadership, undergirded by spirituality and religion.