Listening Comprehension Practice
- Spanish Proficiency Exercises – a compilation of brief video clips in which native speakers of Spanish from various
locations throughout Latin America and Spain demonstrate various language tasks
- Spanish Readers – a collection of many cultural and historic readings with audio. Read and listen
to help your Spanish listening skills.
- Educatube – a collection of educational videos in Spanish covering areas such as science, social
sciences, health, the arts, language, and education
- 20,000 Words in Spanish in 20 Minutes – This guide will show you some tricks on how to improve your vocabulary by 20,000
words in about an hour.
- The 100 most used words in Spanish – If you know this list, you will know about 50% of all words used in a normal Spanish
conversation. You can listen to the word, see it translated into other languages,
and listen to a sentence that uses the word.
- Spanish Prepositions
- El Subjuntivo – a website that will show you everything you need to know about the subjunctive and
will explain when to use them as well as give you all the conjugations.
- Spanish Grammar Guide – a summary online booklet of all you need to know about Spanish Grammar.
- Spanish Conjugator – Learn everything you need to know about Spanish verbs and conjugate any verb you
- The 100 most used verbs in Spanish – You may click on any of the 100 verbs and see the complete conjugation. You can
listen to each verb by itself and in a sentence to help you learn the verb within
context as you see the picture.
- Spanish Forum – Ask any question you might have related to the Spanish language and have it answered
by another student or a Spanish teacher.
- Spanish Language and Culture – dedicated to teaching vocabulary and culture. There are many exercises, songs, and
videos for the intermediate to advanced language learner.
News, Culture and Travel
- The Latest News in Spanish – Read the latest news from around the world, Latin America, Mexico, and the US… all
in Spanish (it is updated every 5 minutes).
- Living Mexico – a great guide for individuals that already live in Mexico or are thinking about
moving to Mexico
- RTVE – Spanish public radio and television service
Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
- Medical Spanish for Healthcare Providers – This site is presented as a free medical Spanish immersion with vocabulary, including
greetings, history, examination, and everyday speech, all with translation and audio.
It is designed to be helpful for a variety of medical personnel to improve fluency
and cultural competency.
Poetry and Literature
- Palabra virtual and A media voz – excellent selection of Hispanic poetry. In many cases, you can also listen to poets
recite their own work.
- Cervantes Virtual – an online library of classic Hispanic texts available for free