EMU Strategic Plan 2009-2014
The EMU strategic plan is rooted in the university mission statement. The plan took shape as a result of a community conversation, begun in the year 2001, about the distinctives of an EMU education and what was needed to thrive in the future. Since then – under the direction of the Strategic Planning Council – the plan has undergone periodic updates to anticipate the changing needs of our growing university.
- Become the Christian university of choice among students who want to serve and lead in a global context.
- Cultivate faith that fosters the development of servant-leaders.
- Demonstrate creativity, innovation, and excellence in academic programs.
- Attract and empower high quality faculty and staff to educate and inspire students.
- Optimize student enrollment in all EMU programs.
- Steward financial resources to support continuous quality improvement.
- Develop sustainable (green) campus facilities to provide optimal teaching and learning environments.
- Develop a strategic plan for EMU at Lancaster.
Approved by the EMU Board of Trustees
November 15, 2008