Frequently Asked Questions

How will I receive my bill for the spring semester?

  • Your bill will be mailed to your home address.

When will I receive my bill for the spring semester?

  • EMU will send bills for the spring semester the first week of December.

What is the meal plan policy?

  • Students living in traditional residence halls (Northlawn, Roselawn, Maplewood, Elmwood, or Cedarwood) are required to have a full meal plan (continuous service and $100 Royal Cash).
  • Students living in Hillside or Parkwoods are required to have a 60 Block meal plan (60 meals during the semester and $50 Royal Cash). Residents of Hillside or Parkwoods who are seniors and 21 years of age are not required to have a meal plan. A continuous service plan can be added for an addition cost; changes must be made during the first ten days of classes.
  • Please note: Royal Cash is money that can be used in the EMU snack shop, the Royals’ Den.
  • For questions regarding the meal plan policy, please contact Student Life or Dining Services.

Why does my work study eligibility show on my award letter but not on the financial aid portion of my statement?

  • Work study funds are earned at your work study job and cannot be used as prepayment on your account. Paychecks are distributed every two weeks for hours worked. Additional information about the work-study program is available online or by contacting the Financial Assistance Office at 1-800-330-9683.

What if I cannot pay the amount due by the week before classes begin?

  • EMU recently contracted with Higher One and CASHNet to provide student payment solutions, including an interest free monthly payment plan option. There is a $35 per semester fee for the payment plan. More information to come from the EMU Business Office. View for a preview of available services.

What if my Direct and PLUS loans will not be here before the payment due date?

  • All financial aid, including processed loans, will be taken into consideration.
  • If loans are not processed before January 2nd payment should be made from personal funds. When the loan is received and the student account shows a credit balance, you may request a refund of the credit.

Can I bring my payment with me on registration day?

  • We strongly encourage payments to be made online or mailed to EMU by the due date.
  • Bringing payments on registration day may cause a delay in your internet access on your personal computer.

More Questions?

Contact us at the Student Accounts Office: (888) 432-4112 or (540) 432-4114