Estimated costs for STAR
- Level I training: $749.00
Level I training during the Summer Peacebuilding Institute is seven days: $930
Register for this training through SPI!
Level I training at EMU in Lancaster, Pa.: $660 (also available for 1 hour of graduate credit)
- Level II training: $899.00
- The Journey Home from War workshop: $299
Special package deals
Choose from one of our great training packages and save!
1. Register for Level I and Level II (must register for both trainings at the same time to receive the discount): $1299.00 one payment OR two payments of $750 and $650 = total of $1399.00
Regular price of Level I $749 + Level II $899 = $1648, a savings of $349.00
(The package discount cannot be combined with any other discount or scholarship)
Email for more information.
If you do not have insurance which is valid in the US you are required to purchase temporary insurance while on campus. Cost is currently $25.
- Lodging at the EMU guest house or private homes near campus for 5 nights costs about $30.00 per night. Total cost is estimated at $150 per 5-day training session. Contact for booking.
- The average per night fee for other lodging is $75.00 per night. Total cost is estimated at $375 per 5-day training session. More information about local hotels and motels…
Estimated cost is $13.00 per day for breakfast and dinner in the EMU Dining Hall. Total cost is estimated at $65 per 5-day training session. Hours and prices of the dining hall are:
- Hot breakfast 7 – 9 a.m. $6.00
- Lunch 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. $7.00
- Supper/dinner 5 – 7 p.m. $8.00
72 hours notice is required to reserve transportation through STAR.
There is no public transportation to Harrisonburg from local airports. Once in Harrisonburg, there is local bus and taxi service around town.
You may contract with us to provide transportation from the following airports. Prices indicate the charge for 1-way service. If you need to be picked up once you arrive and dropped off at the airport at the end of the week, you will need to double these charges.
Nearby airports and train stations charge
- Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD) $ 30.00 (Airport Shuttle only)
- Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (CHO) $ 85.00 (1 hour to EMU)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) $170.00 (2¼ hours to EMU)
- National (Ronald Reagan) Airport (DCA) $190.00 (3 hours to EMU)
The Valley Connector is another option for transportation from the airport. Please contact them directly for a quote and to schedule.
- Amtrak Train Station, Staunton, VA $ 60.00 (City Cab only)
- Union Station, Washington, DC $190.00 (City Cab only)
NOTE: Average cost for a rental car picked up at DC airports is $250 for one week.
You will be required to pay for any DHL charges, wire transfer fees that have been incurred during the registration process. Estimated cost for this is $100.