Customized Presentations and Workshops
STAR presentations (1-2 hours) and STAR workshops (1-2 days) are available upon request and are customized to meet the needs of the group. STAR frameworks and core concepts are introduced in interactive ways with immediate practical applications.
Some examples of our presentations and workshops include:
- STAR for Attorneys (development workers, clergy, human rights activists, teachers, etc.)
- The Impact of Trauma on the Body, Brain and Behavior
- Youth STAR
- Transforming Historical Harms
- Journey Home from War
To discuss possibilities and schedule, contact
Examples of what STAR has done
- Washington, D.C.: Panel on “Trauma Resilience as a Keystone to Building Rule of Law in Conflict-Affected Societies” at the United States Institute for Peace’s Rule of Law Center (May 2012)
- Baja California, Mexico: presentation on "Restorative Justice and the Humanization of Criminal Law” at the one-day National Conference of Criminal Mediation Practices (May 2012)
- Tunis, Tunisia: Panel and one-day workshop at Transitional Justice Process through the Voices of the Victims Conference (March 2012)
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va.: Presentation on “Trauma-Informed Humanitarian Aid” (March 2012)
Four studies provide evidence on this question.