Both houses have now passed legislation extending the IRA charitable rollover to cover gifts made in 2014! On December 16, the Senate passed The Tax Increase Prevention Act (H.R. 5771), which includes a provision extending the IRA charitable rollover to cover gifts made at any time during 2014. The bill had already passed the house, and President Obama is expected to sign it. Once signed, the extension will be good through December 31, 2014. We will post updates on this site.
In the meantime, if you have questions about making gifts from your IRA, please contact:
Robyn Hill, Director of Planned Giving
540-432-4971 (office) or
Give to EMU
Alumni, parents and friends who support EMU make a difference in the lives of thousands. You are essential to the mission of EMU, to educate students to serve and lead in a global context.
What do we do?
EMU was named a winner for “superior fundraising” in an annual contest sponsored by CASE, the nation’s top professional group in higher ed advancement. Among the six 2014 winners were Sarah Lawrence and Villanova. Rochester Institute of Technology was one of the five winners in 2013. Only EMU was awarded in both 2013 and 2014.
Here’s a breakdown of how we support the university:
- We visit alumni, parents and friends of the university to invite prayer and financial support, and hear feedback and counsel.
- We build special support groups like: Associates in Discipleship, Aquila and Priscilla Partners, John Wesley Partners, and Partners in Peacebuilding.
- We assist donors in establishing or adding to endowed scholarships, academic program endowments and/or chair endowments.
- We coordinate off-campus gatherings for regional council groups, alumni and donors.
- We encourage volunteer involvement from alumni, friends and parents.
Online donation: please complete our secure online form to make a one-time donation via credit card.