Office Phone: (717) 397-5190
Office Location: n/a
ADCP Lancaster RN to BS and MS in Nursing
Dawn has been teaching in the RN-BS in Nursing program at the Lancaster site since 2008. She teaches the Art and Science of Effective Communication, Family Health, and Community Health courses.
As the School Nurse Certification Program Coordinator, she developed the School Nurse track of the MS in Nursing program and presently teaches three of the four graduate level courses required for Pennsylvania school nurse certification.
Dawn began her nursing education at Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing where she earned a diploma in nursing. She continued her education at Millersville University earning a BSN degree and then attended Immaculata College earning a School Nursing Certification. Dawn received her MSN with a concentration in Community Health and Nursing Education from West Chester University and is currently pursuing a PhD in Nursing Education.
Dawn has worked as a nursing educator in long term care as well as acute care settings and has worked as a certified school nurse at the elementary and secondary levels.
She is married to Matt Lambert and they have four children, two of whom are adopted from Bulgaria. Dawn and her husband have both participated in short-term mission trips with their church, Community Evangelical Free Church, in Elverson. Dawn is involved in the children’s ministry and the mercy and encouragement ministry.
Presently pursuing PhD in Nursing Education
M.S.N.-West Chester University
Biblical Counseling Certification – The Christian Counseling and Education Foundation
School Nurse Certification – Immaculata University
B.S.N.- Millersville University
Diploma in Nursing- Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing
Lambert, D. (2014). Health and wellness begin with school nurses. NASN School Nurse, 29(3), 114-115.
Resha, C., & Lambert, D. (2014). School nurses: Breaking the sounds of silence through advocacy. NASN School Nurse, 29(1), 7-8.
- “Kids in Crisis: Responding to Mental Health Crises in Schools” presented to Lancaster County School Nurses Association, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, March 21, 2014
- “School Nurses as Peace Builders” poster abstract presented at the national conference for the National Association of School Nurses in June 2013
- “Kids in Crisis: The Response of the School Nurse to Student Mental Health Crises” presented to school nurses in the Eastern Lancaster County School District, New Holland, Pennsylvania, February 15, 2013
- “School Nurses as Peace Builders” presented to Lancaster County School Nurses Association, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, October 3, 2012
- Peer reviewer for the Journal of Christian Nursing
- Chapter reviewer for “School Nursing: A comprehensive text”, second edition, edited by J. Selekman, 2013, F. A. Davis, Philadelphia.
Pennsylvania Educational Specialist Level II: School Nurse K-12
Pennsylvania Registered Nurse
American Nurses Association
National Association of School Nurses
Nurses Christian Fellowship
Pennsylvania Association of School Nurses and Practitioners
Art and Science of Effective Communication
School Nursing: Legal Mandates
School Nursing: Theory, Roles, and Diverse Learners
School Nursing: Clinical Practicum