Office Phone: (540) 432-4428
Main Campus, Harrisonburg
Office Location: SC 018A
Galen Lehman in the news:
Galen Lehman earned a PhD from Virginia Tech in Applied Experimental Psychology and has taught at EMU for more than 30 years. Galen has specialized in research and consulting in the areas of safety, education, and behavior change. His work has included many international involvements and resulted in numerous publications. Galen now divides his time between teaching at EMU, serving as Psychology Department Chairperson and mission administration work as the Caribbean Regional Director for Virginia Mennonite Missions.
Ph.D. Applied Experimental Psychology, 1988
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
MA Degree, General Experimental Psychology, 1980
B.S. Degree, Psychology, 1973
Eastern Mennonite College
Cummulative (send request for a complete list).
Book Chapter: 1
Journal Articles: 9
Technical Reports: 6
Training Manuals/Workbooks: 9
Other Publications: 7
Software written: 2
Instructional Materials: 4
Sponsored and assisted in the production of eight EMU student research projects presented as posters at Virginia Psychological Association. Williamsburg, VA. April 22-24, 2009.
(Other Cummulative send request for a complete list.)
Professional Convention Symposia: 29
Professional Convention Posters: 14
Professional Workshops presented: 11
Videography, Editing, Production, and Distribution of DVDs:
Lehman, G.R., Penny Power 2010: Supporting children’s
ministries in Albania and Italy.
A promotional DVD for VMM projects. Virginia
Conference Assembly (Raleigh, NC) June, 2010.
Lehman, G.R., Virginia Mennonite Missions Responds to
the Haiti Earthquake: January 12, 2010
A promotional DVD showing VMM relief work
in Haiti. (Harrisonburg, VA) February, 2010.
Lehman, G.R., Mennonite Church of Trinidad and Tobago
honor the Life and Ministry of Dr. Richard Keeler: To
God be the Glory. DVD reviewing the life work of
Dr. Keeler. Annual General Meeting of MCTT.
(Chaguanas, Trinidad). August 2009.
Lehman, G.R., Penny Power 2009: Supporting Deaf
Ministries. promotional DVD for VMM projects.
Virginia Conference Assembly. (Harrisonburg, VA).
Lehman, G.R., Albanian Christian School. promotional DVD
for work of Virginia Mennonite Missions.
Virginia Conference Assembly. (Harrisonburg, VA).
Lehman, G.R., Tre Giovani Pagazzi Italiani. DVD showing
work of Chris Riddle Family. (Harrisonburg, VA).
Lehman, G.R., Nice Family in Jamaica. Fund Raising DVD,
preparing for serving in Jamaica.
(Harrisonburg, VA). March 2009.
(Other Cummulative) send request for a complete list.
Media, Film-Making: 3
Media, Video Productions: 42
- Medical Emergency Response to Haiti Earthquake, Mennonite Medical Assocation Regional meeting, Harrisonburg, VA. April 30, 2010
- Virginia Mennonite Missions response to the Haiti Earthquake, Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community, Harrisonburg, VA. March 2010
- How culture, commerce, and education affect the flow of the Gospel. Harrisonburg Mennonite Church, Harrisonburg, VA. February 2010 and May 2010.
- Coordinated emergency medical relief response by Virginia Mennonite Missions to Haiti Earthquake. Arranged logistics and prepared volunteer teams to travel and serve in Haiti (total of 3 emergency medical teams and one trauma counseling team). January – May 2010.
- Accompanied 12 EMU alumni with Prof. Linford Stutzman to Greece and Turkey to replicate part of Apostle Paul’s Missionary journeys. Videographer for 15 hours of video tape. June 2009.
- Member, Board of Directors, Park View Federal Credit Union. Harrisonburg, VA 1996 – 2008.
- Member, Family Life Center Feasibility Study Group, Lindale Mennonite Church, Linville, VA. 2007-08.
- Member, Stewardship and Finance Committee. Lindale Mennonite Church. (Linville, VA). 2004-present.#Secretary, Board of Directors, Park View Federal Credit Union. Harrisonburg, VA. 2008.
- Accompanied EMHS touring choir to Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria. Posted daily webpages for parents and friends in the USA to follow activities. Spring 2008.
- Member, Haiti Project Management Group. Provides direction for coordinating Mennonite Church mission projects in Haiti. 2006 – present.
- Adjunct faculty at Bluffton University. Directed/taught a three-week cross cultural experience for ten Bluffton students. (Bluffton, OH and Trinidad and Tobago) May, 2005.
- Member, School Board. Maranatha School for the Deaf. Top Hill, Jamaica. 2000-present.
- Caribbean Regional Director, Virginia Mennonite Board of Missions. Administrator responsible for supervision of all persons serving as missionaries in the Caribbean. Harrisonburg, VA. 1998-present.
- Director of Cemetery, Lindale Mennonite Church, Linville, VA. 1990-present.
- Active Member of Lindale Mennonite Church. (Linville, VA). 1980-present.
May 2006 – Recognized for 30 years of service to EMU.
(Other Awards Cummulative) request a complete list.
Teaching of Psychology
Virginia Psychological Association
Annual Conference of Virginia Psychological Association, Williamsburg, VA. April 22-24, 2009.
Psychology 382A Special Topics: Psychology, Culture, Religion and Mission. Spring 2009.
- Undergraduate Council member 2008-09 – present.
- Pre-Professional Health Sciences Advisory Committee 2009-10 – present
- Animal Care and Use Committee 2009-10 – present
- Presentation in CHST Missiology (Prof Linford Stutzman) to guide the class in a missions research project, 2009.
- Unity Bell exhibit committee member. 2009-10.
- New Bell Tower committee member. 2009 – present.
- Faculty advocate for renovation/construction of Suter Science Center. 2007-present