Office Phone: (540) 432-4334
Cell Phone: (540) 820-1145
Office Location: CC 202B
Ron Shultz is an instructor in Teacher Education and the coordinator for the PK-6 program. He earned a B.S. degree in Liberal Arts studies from Eastern Mennonite University with a PK-8 teaching certification, and a M.A. in Education from Millersville University. His previous teaching experiences include one year as a middle school teacher and five years as a fourth grade classroom teacher in Pennsylvania. Ron also taught fourth grade for two years in Virginia. He has served for six years as a teacher and administrator while helping to begin a Christian school in Cusco, Peru, working with students from preschool through sixth grade. Ron began his doctoral studies in 2012 at George Mason University with a focus on teacher education and multicultural/multilingual education.
M.Ed., Millersville University, 1998
B.S., Eastern Mennonite University, 1992
- Consultant and faculty resourcing for PROMESA Christian School, Cusco, Peru, June 11-20, 2012.
- Worship Team member at Harrisonburg Mennonite Church, September, 2011 – present.
- Presented Education in a Cross-Cultural Setting for pre-service missions training, VA Mennonite Missions, July 25, 2011.
- Consultant and faculty resourcing for PROMESA Christian School, Cusco, Peru, June 25 – July 7, 2011.
- Missionary with Eastern Mennonite Missions in Cusco, Peru, as educator and support to the local church leadership, 2004-2010.
- Youth Pastor at Powhatan Mennonite Church, Powhatan, VA, 1999-2003.
- The Virginia Chapter of the National Association for Multicultural Education (VANAME)
- American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (AACTE)
- Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education (AILACTE)
- Virginia Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (VACTE)
- Response to Intervention Symposium, hosted by James Madison University, sponsored by the Virginia Dept. of Education, October 28, 2011.
- Symposium on Immigration and Education, hosted by James Madison University, organized by VANAME, October 14, 2011.
- VATESOL Annual Conference, Fredericksburg, VA, October 2, 2010.
- ED 231 Organizing for Learning (Fall, 2011)
- ED 232 Learning, Motivation and Assessment (Fall, 2011)
- ED 341 Language Arts (Fall, 2011)
- ED 331 Math in the Elementary Classroom (Spring, 2012)
- ED 332 Science in the Elementary Classroom (Spring, 2012)
- ED 321 Management and Organization in Early Education (Spring, 2012)
- ED 301 Needs of Diverse Learners (Spring, 2012)
- Instructor for the EMU Intensive English Program, teaching English as a second language to adult students, May-June, 2011.
- Committee on Teacher Education (COTE)
- Teacher Education Admissions Committee (TEAC)