Office Phone: (540) 432-4151
Cell Phone: (540) 746-6336
Office Location: CC 225
Tammy has many years experience in Community Health Nursing roles. Since 2005 she has been teaching nursing. In addition, she serves in a number of volunteer roles in the community setting, including working as a Parish Nurse. Working with vulnerable populations, including the area homeless, is also a major area of interest. Currently, Tammy is pursuing a Ph.D. in Strategic Leadership at JMU.
MSN James Madison University 2007, concentration as Nurse Educator
BSN Eastern Mennonite University 1988
Kiser, T. (2007) A prescription for wholeness. Messenger, 156(3).
Kiser, T. (2006) Congregational wellness ideas. Caregiving, 8(4).
Kiser, T. (2004) Parish nursing impacts health for older congregation members. Caregiving, 6(3).
Kiser, T. (2003) Lafiya and parish nurse ministry. Health Promotion Sunday Materials, Church of the Brethren.
Kiser, T. (2003) The link between forgiveness and health. Caregiving.
*Nutrition Status in a Rural Southern Elementary School. James Madison University, 2007
- Parish Nursing: Care for the Sick, Healing for the Community. Mennonite Health Assembly. St. Louis, MO. March 2008.
- Three Peas in a Pod: Parish Nursing, Lafiya, and Wellness Ministry. Church of the Brethren Annual Conference, Cleveland, Ohio 2007
- How to be Highly Healthy. West Richmond Church of the Brethren. ( Workshop), Keezletown, VA 2006
- Caring for the Caregiver. West Richmond Church of the Brethren. ( Workshop), Keezletown, VA 2006
- Spiritual Peace and Physical Health. Caring Ministries Assembly, Bridgewater, VA 2005
- The Role of the Parish Nurse on the Health Ministry Team. Church of the Brethren Annual Conference, Peoria, IL 2005
- Parish Nursing: Care for the Sick, Healing for the Community. Eastern Mennonite University, Harrisonburg, VA 2004
- The Role of the Parish Nurse. Shenandoah District Conference, Church of the Brethren. Bridgewater, VA 2004
- The Role of the Parish Nurse. Greenmount Church of the Brethren, Harrisonburg, VA 1999
- Spirituality and Health: The Link. Parkinson’s Support Group, Harrisonburg, VA 1998
- Member, Board of Directors, Mission and Ministry Board of the Church of the Brethren, Elgin, Illinois
- Parish Nurse- Briery Branch Church of the Brethren 1990- Present
- Deacon, Briery Branch Church
- Senior High Youth Leader- Briery Branch Church of the Brethren
- Organizational Leader- Clover Hill 4-H Club 2007- Present
- President- Ottobine Elementary Parent Teacher Student Organization 2008- present
- Past Board Member, Association of Brethren Caregivers
RN License-State of Virginia
Class A Contractors License- State of Virginia
Sigma Theta Tau Nurses Honor Society
Pi Mu At Large Chapter- Vice President for EMU
International Parish Nurse Resource Center Faculty Affiliation