Recent Cords of Distinction Recipients
The Cords of Distinction award honors the efforts of graduating students who have made outstanding contributions to the university, community or society. Up to 10 graduating students are recognized annually with the Cords of Distinction.
Annual nomination period occurs in early spring of each academic year. Learn more about the cords…
Below is information on recent Cords of Distinction recipients.
2012 Cords of Distinction recipients
- Benjamin Bailey, major in peacebuilding and development and biblical studies, Simsbury, Conn.
- Brendon Derstine, major in history and social science, secondary education, and minors in bible and religion, political studies, Harleysville, Pa.
- Grace Engle, major in social work, Wauseon, Ohio
- Brandon Habron, major in liberal arts and minor in theater and sociology, Fredricksburg, Va.
- Katie Jantzen, major in environmental sustainability and minors in spanish, socio-economic development, biology, Plymouth, Nebr.
- Clothilda Dado Johnson, major in nursing and minor in psychology, Banjul, The Gambia
- Katherine Landis, major in photography, digital media and minor in journalism, Lancaster, Pa.
- Rebekah Maldonado-Nofziger, major in nursing, Pettisville, Ohio
- Michelle Ramirez, major in social work and minor in Spanish, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Andrew Richter, major in business administration, Perkasie, Pa.
2011 Cords of Distinction recipients
- Benjamin Bergey, major in music, Perkasie, Pa.
- Braydon Hoover, major in biology and minor in theater, Elizabethtown, Pa.
- Brianna Oelschlager, major in biochemistry and minor in socio-economic development, Sellersville, Pa.
- Courtney Walker, major in english, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Janelle Freed, major in justice, peace and conflict studies, philosophy and theology, Skippack, Pa.
- Jessica Sarriot, major in peacebuilding and development and minor in pre-law, political studies, Paris, France
- Michael Spory, major in history and social science, secondary education, minors in Spanish and political science, Johnstown, Pa.
- Peyton Erb, major in liberal arts, elementary education, minor in ESL, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Samfee Doe, major in biology, Monrovia, Liberia
- William Morris, major in business administration and minor in economics, Charlottesville, Va.
2010 Cords of Distinction recipients
- Jay Michael Harnish, major in biblical studies with minnor in youth ministries, Lancaster, Pa.
- Jennifer K. (Jenny) Hochstetler, major in justice, peace and conflict studies with minor in TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language), Iowa City, Iowa
- Niclette I. Kibibi, major in biochemistry and psychology, Lancaster, Pa.
- A. Basil Marin, major in business administration with minor in church music, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Daniel N. Miller, major in liberal arts with minor in history, Corning, N.Y.
- Claudette V. Monroy, major in economics and justice, peace and conflict studies, Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico
- Dorine K. Ndayizigiye, major in psychology, Bujumbura, Burundi
- Katherine A. (Kate) Nussbaum, major in peacebuilding and development with minors in Bible and religion, psychology, history and social science, Mahtomedi, Minn.
- Sarah B. Roth, major in history with minors in pre-law, political studies, Bible and religion and justice, peace and conflict studies, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Jonathan M. Spicher, major in biology, Mountville, Pa.