Women’s League Rules
- All NCAA rules apply unless altered or clarified below.
- Unlimited substitutions may be made only after the ball crosses the endline, a goal
is scored, an injury occurs, or a yellow card is issued. The referee will restart
the game after the substitutions are completed.
- Yellow cards will be issued to players handling themselves in an unsportsmanlike manner.
A player who receives a yellow card must be substituted for and may return to the
game at the next opportunity. If a player receives two yellow cards or a red card,
their team will play a player short for the duration of the game. The offending player
will also be suspended from the team’s next match. Accumulation of 2 cards (yellow
or red) during the season will also result in a one game suspension. (Including 2
yellows received in separate games.) Any subsequent yellow or red cards will also
result in a one game suspension. The league manager reserves the right to remove any
player from the league who is viewed as a detriment to the safety and sportsmanship
of the league. (The individual’s registration fee will not be reimbursed.)
- Unacceptable / abusive language as determined by the referee is grounds for a yellow
- Goalkeepers may not punt or drop kick. Throws must touch the ground or a player before crossing midfield. If the ball is released to the ground, the keeper must follow
the rules of a field player. If this is violated, the opposing team will be awarded
an indirect kick from the point where the ball crossed midfield.
- There will be no offside. Free kicks must be given 5 yards by all defenders.
- Throw-ins and intentional passes to the keeper (except when the head is used), cannot
be played by the keeper’s hands. The penalty is an indirect kick at the spot of the
- On a penalty kick, players must be behind the ball and outside the penalty area.
- Kickoffs are indirect and may be played in any direction.
- All free kicks, with the exception of penalty kicks, will be indirect.
- Slide tackling is prohibited. A free kick will be awarded and a yellow or red card
may be issued at the referee’s discretion.